21st Century Vision
SAC Ten Years from Now(1997)
Mid and Long-term Development Strategy : "For a New Take-off -- SAC Vision 2007"
- On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its birth, SAC proclaims the year 1997 as the first year of a new take-off for the next ten years and issues "SAC Vision 2007" to show its determination for innovation based on its past experience.
- SAC will establish its status that will fit the world class culture and art center in the globalization era.
- SAC will reinforce its internal strength to actively cope with 'value creation and reproduction' of culture and art in line with the vast transformations taking place in the information and culture-oriented society.
a. Mid-term: 4 years (1997-2000) -- period of take-off
b. Long-term: 6 years (2001-2006) -- period of maturity
- Devise market-competitive, high-quality art programs.
- Build the framework for the new media art business that will help survive the information age.
- Promote regional art support and international exchange programs
- Reengineer the organization and the way business is conducted, and innovates customer service.
- Put in place systematic apparatus that will ensure financial independence, and develop various profit-oriented projects.
- Cultivate a pleasant cultural space and renovate facilities.
- Institute regular regional and international art exchange programs.
- Become the central forum for cultural and artistic exchange of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Stabilize the new media art business.
- Continue the culture and art education program and take it to a new level.
a. Mid-term (1997-2000): period of take-off
b. Long-term (2001-2006): period of maturity
- Devise market-competitive, high-quality art programs and fully utilize the performance & exhibition Halls and Outdoor Areas.
- Develop more than one show every year to make it a unique regular repertory of SAC, which can suit the characteristics of individual genre and venue.
- Prepare a program for Year 2000 Festival and about a couple of programs on reunification theme.
- Develop programs that can appeal to all walks of life.
- Embrace programs that can make most of characteristics of each stage: in the beginning, use an external company under the exclusive contract with SAC.
- Improve rental regulations.
- Reengineer the organization and the way business is conducted, and innovate customer service
- Employ investment vs. cost analysis based on the economy of scale
- Make customer its first priority in pursuit of its business.
- Streamline the organization and the work procedure to become linear and efficient in the cutthroat competition of the world.
- Implement systematic education and training programs to improve quality of employees and produce professional manpower.
# Regular training of employees on art, information and language, and differentiated education programs by job.
- Cultivate regional art programs and promote international exchange programs
- Develop more than one tour program a year by using NACAC members and encourage its participation in the international events.
- Induce Association of Asia-Pacific Performing Arts Centers (AAPPAC) to set up its standing committee here.
- Lay groundwork for the Center's new media business to catch up with global information era
- Operate 'Cyber Information Center for Performing Arts' for the Asia-Pacific region.
# Play a central role in cultural and artistic development of the region by networking 12 Asia-Pacific culture and art institutions on the Internet.
- Construction of a place for the new media art business.
- Set up the art information network and start the 'Art Bulletin Board' on it.
- Put in place legal apparatus for financial independence and develop subsidiary businesses.
- A new legislation to reform poor financial structure
- Expand public funding.
- A full-scale sponsorship program to raise 50 billion won (about US$ 60 million) for the next decade.
- Steady increase of profit-oriented business
# Establish Culture & Art Enterprise, Inc. as a subsidiary company to take care of the Center's commercial activities, such as catering, program sales, parking lot operation, product development and marketing.
- Create pleasant cultural environment and renovate facilities
- Increase the number of visitors.
# Increase the membership
# Install such convenient facilities as travel agency, bar, coffee shop and post office in the idle space.
# Easier public access to the Center: build 'Underground Cultural Street and ' expand local town bus lines.
- Continue to ensure the safety of facilities in the Center compound.
- Run Culture and Art Academy for children, youth and other citizens.
- Refurbish facilities to become the leading art institution.
# Build outdoor stage in Korean Garden to boost outdoor performances.
# Install fine art projection room and children's theater.
# Improve the interior of Art Gallery and exhibition halls.
# Operate a set production studio in the Opera House to encourage professional set building techniques.
# Introduce 'calligraphy museum' function to animate this traditional genre.
# Install a pipe organ in the Music Hall.
- Regular exchange of art programs between different regions and different countries
- Mainly among NACAC and AAPPAC members
- Participate in the cultural exchange with North Korea.
- Open a liaison office for public relations in North America and Europe.
- Play a central role in the cultural and artistic exchange in the Asia-Pacific region and scale up across the globe.
- Consolidate its standing as a world class art center through active participation in the 2002 Worldcup culture and art festival.
# Develop a program aimed at domestic and foreign VIPs and upper-class tourists.
# Form 2002 Worldcup Orchestra and plan a tour around the Worldcup host cities. Develop Worldcup Festival.
- Build a systematic network with foreign institutions.
- Build accommodation and entertainment facilities for international events.
- Stabilize the new media art business
- Open a culture and art cable TV station.
# Overcome the constraints of the performing arts through media development.
# Strengthen the Center's function as a program provider.
- Expand the new media art business.
# Develop new media culture and art business by using information network.
# Spread Korean art across the globe more rapidly and widely.
- Activate culture & art education programs.
- Open a new expert course for culture and art administration in conjunction with universities and Korea Business Council for the Arts.
- Besides fine art and calligraphy, open courses on all areas of art that can absorb all levels of people.